Queens NY Traffic Ticket Attorney
Forest Hills Reckless Driving Defense Lawyer
Former Queens County Prosecutor | More Than 25 Years of Experience
If you have received a traffic ticket or you have been arrested for a traffic violation like DWI or reckless driving, contact an experienced traffic violations defense attorney at the Law Office of Randy S. Alpert. With office locations in Forest Hills and Valley Stream, we represent clients throughout the New York metro area in Queens, Nassau County and Suffolk County. In most instances, our office can represent you in court without you even having to be there.
We handle a wide range of traffic matters, including:
- Speeding Tickets
- Running a Stop Sign or Red Light
- Tailgating, Following too Closely
- Suspended or Revoked License
- Reckless Driving
- Commercial Trucking Violations
- Failure to Stop for a School Bus
- Speeding in a Construction Zone
- All Traffic Tickets/Moving Violations
- DMV Refusal Hearings and Traffic Safety Hearings
- DMV Appeals
Our goal is to resolve your case in a manner that helps you minimize points or avoid points altogether. Contact us today for assistance.
Traffic Violations in New York
New York has a point system for traffic violations. If you receive too many points, you can face severe penalties, including a lengthy driver’s license suspension. The best way to protect your rights and your driving privileges is to aggressively fight each traffic ticket.
Points that may result from a traffic violation include:
- Speeding Ticket: three to 11 points depending on speed
- Reckless Driving: five points
- Cell Phone: five points
- Failure to Stop for a School Bus: five points
- Tailgating/Following too Closely: four points
- Improper Lane Change/Improper Passing: three points
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Signal or Traffic Signal: two points
- Many Other Moving Violations: two Points
We will attempt to resolve your case in a manner so that you receive no points or as few points as possible. Whether your case is resolved by trial or by plea agreement, we will work diligently to seek the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Our founding attorney, Randy Alpert, is a former Assistant District Attorney for Queens County. Attorney Alpert has more than 25 years of criminal law experience. He has defended thousands of clients against traffic citations and criminal charges.