Did You Get A Ticket For Driving Without Insurance In New York? We Can Help.
If you were pulled over in New York and did not have proof of insurance, the first thing to understand is that you have a right to challenge the ticket and seek the most favorable outcome possible. In many cases, a ticket for driving without insurance can be dismissed or reduced, but you need to contact an experienced traffic ticket attorney as soon as possible.
Important: A no insurance ticket is a very serious offense, and you should not plead guilty before speaking with a traffic ticket attorney.
At the Law Office of Randy S. Alpert, we have more than 25 years of experience in traffic ticket defense, including tickets for operating without insurance. The stakes are high in these cases, so you need to act now to avoid heavy fines and protect your driver’s license.
For a free consultation, please contact us at 718-557-9748 or 516-231-9903. With offices in Forest Hills, Valley Stream and Central Islip, we represent clients in Queens, Nassau County, Suffolk County and throughout New York. Hablamos Español
No Insurance Tickets: Understand The Potential Penalties
After receiving a ticket for no insurance, many people assume that their only option is to pay the fine. However, when you pay the fine, you essentially plead guilty, and your driver’s license can be revoked for one year. Don’t simply pay the fine before talking to us — we can explain your options and help you seek a better outcome.
The potential consequences of driving without insurance include:
- A fine of $100 – $1,500
- Up to 15 days in jail
- Revocation of your driver’s license for one year — Important: If your license is revoked, you don’t automatically get it back. You have to resubmit an application, and your record has to be reviewed before you can get your license back.
- A civil penalty of $750 to reinstate your driver’s license
- Difficulty finding an insurance company to cover you after a lapse in coverage
If you let your insurance policy lapse, fail to turn in your license plates, and fail to obtain new insurance within 90 days, you could lose your vehicle registration and your driver’s license. You could also face daily fees and a reinstatement fee to be paid to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Don’t let your ticket go unchallenged. Let us fight for you.
Other Factors To Consider
The outcome of your case may depend on a variety of other factors, including:
- The specific court where your ticket must be returned
- Whether you were involved in an accident
- Whether you left the scene of an accident
- Whether you are the registered owner of the vehicle
- Whether you can provide proof that the vehicle was actually insured
- Whether you are facing other tickets or charges, such as DWI charges or driving with a suspended license or suspended registration
At the Law Office of Randy S. Alpert, we understand how traffic ticket cases can quickly become complex. We can sort out the facts of your case and help you protect your driving privileges.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For a free consultation, please call us at 718-557-9748 or 516-231-9903, or complete our contact form. The Law Office of Randy S. Alpert serves clients in Queens, Nassau County, Suffolk County and throughout New York.